Junior Seminar – Junior (10-16 Years Old)
May 26, 2017 – May 29, 2017
500 Lutherlyn Lane
We are very excited that you have decided to send your child to Junior Seminar 2017!
PARENTAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Armenian Youth Federation (“AYF”) program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless the Armenian Youth Federation (“AYF”), their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), with respect to all and any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it, and agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
The Junior Seminar Committee has compiled a list of rules that will be presented to every junior attending the Junior Seminar. In the past, parents have expressed concerns about the procedures the AYF takes, should a junior act in an inappropriate manner. We would like to work with our membership as best we can; therefore we would like to take the time to outline the Junior Seminar Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Any incident involving drugs or alcohol will result in the junior to be sent home at the parent’s/guardian’s expense. There are no second chances. RANDOM BAG SEARCHES MAY BE CONDUCTED.
- Be respectful of your peers, fellow seniors, and the hosts of the event. Junior Seminar Committee has established curfews, activities, meal times, and basic rules of conduct. You are expected to adhere to be a team member. We will not tolerate cursing or talking back to fellow ungers or ungerouhis. Failure to adhere to these simple rules of conduct will result in a phone call to the junior’s parents/guardians. If the behavior is consistent, the junior will be sent home at the parent’s/guardian’s expense.
- Everyone at the event is a guest at Camp Lutherlyn representing the AYF. Should a junior be caught in the act of vandalism of the camp, they will be sent home immediately at the parent’s/guardian’s expense. They may also be subjected to further disciplinary action by the AYF. Furthermore, the junior’s parents/guardians will be held responsible for all damages.
- Any member who is removed from the facilities will not receive a refund.
- Inappropriate physical conduct among juniors is unacceptable. Those who are caught in violation of this rule will be sent home immediately.
- The Armenian Youth Federation will not be responsible for damages made to the Camp Lutherlyn cabins by junior campers or by seniors attending Junior Seminar Weekend. If a cabin becomes damaged throughout the weekend, every camper and counselor assigned to that cabin will be charged accordingly for the costs of the damage.
- Cell phones will not be permitted for Juniors at Seminar. Cell phones will be collected as Juniors arrive at Camp Lutherlyn. Juniors will be able to contact their parents in an emergency by using Seniors’ phones.
I HAVE READ THE ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS FOR MY CHILD, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
<a href=”http://ayf.org/members/forms/medical-release-form/”><strong>Please Fill out the Medical Release Form</strong></a>