Junior Seminar – Senior (18 & Older)
May 26, 2017 – May 26, 2017
500 Lutherlyn Lane
Because of an overwhelming amount of Senior applications received last year, the Junior Seminar Committee has decided to limit Senior attendance. Although we appreciate all of the senior support, this is a Junior event and we can only accommodate for a certain number of Seniors. The Junior Seminar Committee will be admitting Senior counselors based on the number of Juniors that attend. Therefore, we encourage Seniors to submit their applications as soon as possible, and also to work with their Junior chapters to increase attendance.
SENIOR RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Armenian Youth Federation (“AYF”) program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless the Armenian Youth Federation (“AYF”), their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring gencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), with respect to all and any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it, and agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
The 2017 AYF-YOARF Central Executive and Junior Seminar Committee’s welcome the AYF Seniors to this year’s Junior Seminar. As an AYF Senior, it is of paramount importance that we all ensure a safe and fraternal environment is provided for all attendees of the event. This Senior Zero Tolerance Policy is being presented to level-set the expectations of all AYF Seniors attending Junior Seminar.
- Any incident involving drugs or alcohol will result in the Senior being immediately sent home at their expense. There are no second chances. RANDOM BAG SEARCHES MAY BE CONDUCTED.
- Be respectful of your peers, fellow seniors, and the hosts of the event. Junior Seminar Committee has established curfews, activities, meal times, and basic rules of conduct. You are expected to adhere to be a team member.
- Everyone at the event is a guest at Camp Lutherlyn representing the AYF. Should a Senior be caught in the act of vandalism of the camp, they will be sent home immediately at their own expense.
- Inappropriate physical conduct and verbal abuse among Seniors and between Seniors and Juniors is unacceptable. This includes, but is not limited to, hazing, name calling, ethnic/racial slurs, cursing, and sexual abuse. Those who are caught in violation of this rule will be sent home immediately on their expense.
- Any member who is removed from the facilities will not receive a refund.
- All violations will be reviewed, administered, and subject to further actions by the Central Executive.
I HAVE READ THE ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
The Armenian Youth Federation will not be responsible for damages made to the Camp Lutherlyn cabins by junior campers or by seniors attending Junior Seminar Weekend. If a cabin becomes damaged throughout the weekend, every camper and counselor assigned to that cabin will be charged accordingly for the costs of the damage.
Senior applicants, by submitting this application you are not guaranteed a spot at this years Junior Seminar, each person will be under review by the Junior Seminar Committee based off of the review that we go through every year of how your conduct was at last years Junior Seminar. Accordingly, your conduct at this years Junior Seminar will be under review to determine if you will be able to apply for the 2016 Junior Seminar.